This module is the updated version of Me Encoder Motor Driver for driving more powerful encoder motors. It can drive 2 encoder motors at the same time. And it has its own master chip in which the PID control algorithm is used for the control and feedback of motor’s speed and displacement. The internal program of this module has two control modes: I2C and PWM, in order to satisfy the different users’ request. Besides, the module is equipped with SPI, I2C and UART pins, etc., which makes secondary development more convenient for the users. The motor driver has high-power MOS tube, great momentary load ability, and perfect protection mechanism that avoids burning the circuit board.
- Motor driving voltage: DC6-12V；
- Continuous driving current: 8A；
- Master control board voltage：DC5V；
- Motor amount：2
- Master chip：Atmega328P
- 2 power switches make outage more convenient
- Master chip with a restore key
- 8A resettable fuse for avoiding short circuit
- Anti-reversal connection to protect circuit board
- High-power MOS tube enables the peak current to reach over 20A
- 6 M4 mounting holes for easy assembly
- The control site allows RJ25 and pins to satisfy different control requests
- The main control board of Makeblock should be connected to the red port of the motor with 6-12V power supply.
- Precisely control motor’s positions, speed and directions
- Enable to connect with two 36mm encoder DC motors at the same time
Functions of the pins on high-power encoder motor driver is as below:
NO. Pin Function 1 SCL I2C clock line 2 SDA I2C data line 3 GND Grounding 4 V-M Motor power 6~12V(DC) 5 TXD Serial port to transmit data 6 RXD Serial port to receive data 7 5V Connect to 5V power supply 8 RESET/DTR MCU Reset key 9 SCK SPI clock line 10 MISO SPI master input slave output 11 MOSI SPI master output slave input 12 PWM1 Voltage controls the rotating speed and directions of motor 1 13 PWM2 Voltage controls the rotating speed and directions of motor 2
Connecting Me High-Power Encoder Motor Driver to Makeblock Orion
Connecting Me High-Power Encoder Motor Driver to 36mm encoder DC motor
If you use Arduino to write a program, the library Makeblock-Library-master should be invoked to control the Encoder motor module.
This program serves to make the moto rotating clockwise in three speeds through Arduino programming.
Here is the functions related to the encoder motor
The Me High-Power Encoder Motor Driver V1 needs to work with encoder motor. The major difference between encoder motor and DC motor is the motor rotation feedback, which is achieved by encoder. Currently, there are 2 types of encoder: magnetic encoder and optical encoder. Being fixed on motor shaft, the magnet ring or coding disc will rotate with the motor. Meanwhile, the detection device will detect the changes occur to the magnetic pole or the optical grating, convert the changes to pulse signal, and eventually deliver the signal to the encoder motor driver. The rotation number of the motor can be obtained by calculating the number of the pulse signal, speed of the motor by the number of the pulse signal per unit time.