1.What are Warranted Items and Respective Warranty Periods?
|Product Category||Warranty Period|
|Electronic Modules||Six Months|
|Others (Mechanical parts, consumable parts, batteries, etc.)||The Limited Warranty is not applicable. Makeblock only replaces the defective parts.|
Note 1: Certain products (such as Airblock) may have their own specific warranty regulations. In this case, refer to the product-specific warranty.
Note 2: Consumable parts include but is not limited to screws, screwdrivers, RJ25 cables.
2.What are Warranty Policies?
- Replacement: With respect to any defective product for which Makeblock has been notified of the defect within seven calendar days from the date of a valid receipt, Makeblock will, at Makeblock’ discretion, provide you free of charge a replacement of the same product or a later product with equivalent performance after the defect has been confirmed by Makeblock or third party testing laboratories. The replaced or refunded item becomes Makeblock’s property.
- Replenishment: If you find out any parts missing from your products within seven calendar days of a valid receipt, Makeblock will ship you the part(s) free of charge after it has been confirmed by Makeblock or third party testing laboratories.
- Free Repairs: During the Warranty Period, if you find any performance issue within the product which is covered by this Limited Warranty, Makeblock will provide free service to repair or replace defective components after the issue ha been confirmed by Makeblock or third party testing laboratories.
- Paid Repairs: For quality issues found in products not eligible for free repairs, Makeblock will provide paid repair service to the product after the issue has been confirmed by Makeblock or third party testing laboratories. The cost may vary according to the specific products and the damage level.
- What is not covered by This Limited Warranty?
3.This limited warranty does not cover any damage caused by:
(1) any failure of the product due to not matching national standards in the operating environment, including but not limited to overvoltage, overcurrent, lightning, extreme temperature, extreme humidity, vibration, (2) external causes such as earthquake, fire, (3) unexpected factors or human behaviors damage the products, such as liquid contact, abuse, oxidation, rust, (4) failure to follow the product instructions to install, use, maintain, store the product, (5) unauthorized modification, decomposition, and assembly of the product, (7) transportation or storage when the purchaser ships the product back to Makeblock, (8) including but not limited to other non-design, technical, manufacture, quality issues.
This Limited Warranty does not cover the product outside of the replacement and Warranty Period.
- The packing of the product, free gifts, consumable parts, and mechanical parts are not covered by this Limited Warranty. If you find any damage upon receiving, Makeblock will provide you with a free replacement. Please check the product condition after the receipt thereof. Makeblock will charge certain fees if you ask to add packaging, accessories or require refurbishment service.
- No warranty issued by an authorized distributor is covered by this warranty policy, and Makeblock shall not be held liable. In order to receive any benefits from the distributor’s warranty and/or other policies, please keep any documents obtained during the purchase.
- If you purchase the product through an authorized distributor, please contact the distributor’s customer service first.
- The “Replacement/Warranty Period” starts from the date of the receipt.
- In terms of discontinued products or the products which are going to be discontinued, Makeblock will publish relevant announcements and inform authorized distributors to notify customers of the deadline of the Warranty Period. Makeblock and its authorized distributors will terminate the warranty service after the deadline of the Warranty Period.
- Regarding the repaired or replaced product, it shall be warranted for two months after the date Makeblock shipped it. If the original product remaining Warranty Period is more than two months, the original Warranty Period applies.
- The Limited Warranty does not apply to products that were resold by unauthorized resellers.
5.Notices to Customer Service
- If your product has failed or malfunctioned, you can apply for replacement/repair service with your receipt, invoice or other relevant proof of purchase, at the place where you purchased the product. The authorized distributors could assist their customers to apply for replacement/repair service at Makeblock branches or headquarter. When you cannot contact your distributor, please contact Makeblock branches or the customer service at the company’s headquarter.
- During the Warranty Period, Makeblock will cover shipping cost for any product which is eligible for free repairs. Regarding the products for which the Warranty Period has expired, Makeblock also provides technical support. Limited maintenance with customer bearing all related cost (freight, maintenance cost, customs tax and so on) will be provided based on Makeblock’s analysis of the product(s).
For detailed Warranty Service Instructions, please view here.
Airblock Warranted Parts and Period
|Main Control Module||Six Months|
|Battery||Six months(damage to battery shell during use is not included)|
|PowerModules, Hovercraft Base and ProtectiveCovers||No applicable to this Limited Warranty. Makeblock only replaces the defective parts upon receiving|
Attention 1: Power modules are consumable parts, so they are not applicable to Free Repairs. Users could simply purchase new power modules to replace the damages during use.
Precautions to Operate Airblock
(Please refer to Airblock User manual for more information)
- Beginners should operate Airblock in an open indoor environment for first flight test, in order to prevent dangers from falling, hitting to the ceiling, walls, or trees. Precisely, Makeblock recommends users to operate Airblock in a space larger than 3*3*3 meters for indoor flying, or a windless spacious outdoor environment for outdoor flying.
- Please do not turn off the power switch during flying except emergency. Otherwise, the aircraft will drop immediately, which may damage the equipment.
- Hovercraft is divided into land and water mode, and Makeblock App controls are separate for these two modes. Make sure to select the corresponding mode for your operating environment. Otherwise, the hovercraft will be shipwrecked, which may damage the electronic parts.
- Due to the limitation of Bluetooth communication distance, users can only control Airblock within a 6 meter radicus for the purpose of safety. Once the distance between Airblock and mobile device exceeds 6 meters, mobile device cannot detect the Bluetooth on Airblock which will be lose controlled.
- Please do not touch the propellers spinning area while holding the Airblock body or any individual module, in order to prevent accidents when power suddenly turn on.
- This limited warranty applies to the global market, and Makeblock has the right to adjust it according to the consumer protection laws from different states or jurisdictions.
HOW CONSUMER LAW RELATES TO THIS WARRANTY
THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE (OR BY COUNTRY OR PROVINCE). OTHER THAN AS PERMITTED BY LAW, MAKEBLOCK DOES NOT EXCLUDE, LIMIT OR SUSPEND OTHER RIGHTS YOU MAY HAVE, INCLUDING THOSE THAT MAY ARISE FROM THE NONCONFORMITY OF A SALES CONTRACT. FOR A FULL UNDERSTANDING OF YOUR RIGHTS YOU SHOULD CONSULT THE LAWS OF YOUR COUNTRY, PROVINCE OR STATE.
WARRANTY LIMITATIONS SUBJECT TO CONSUMER LAW
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THIS WARRANTY AND THE REMEDIES SET FORTH ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, REMEDIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER ORAL, WRITTEN, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. MAKEBLOCK DISCLAIMS ALL STATUTORY AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND WARRANTIES AGAINST HIDDEN OR LATENT DEFECTS, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IN SO FAR AS SUCH WARRANTIES CANNOT BE DISCLAIMED, MAKEBLOCK LIMITS THE DURATION AND REMEDIES OF SUCH WARRANTIES TO THE DURATION OF THIS EXPRESS WARRANTY AND, AT MAKEBLOCK’S OPTION, THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT SERVICES DESCRIBED BELOW. SOME STATES (COUNTRIES AND PROVINCES) DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY (OR CONDITION) MAY LAST, SO THE LIMITATION DESCRIBED ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
@2017 Makeblock Inc. All rights reserved. This English version Limited Warranty is only for reference, and it is subject to the Chinese version of the Limited Warranty.